We Are Hiring
Ascension Wisconsin – Ascension Saint Michael's Hospital Anesthesia is looking for a full time CRNA to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Saint Michaels Hospital
- Not-for-profit Hospital committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
- Beautiful facility with state-of-the-art equipment including an XI Da Vinci Robot
- Onsite services include Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Urology, Infectious Disease, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, ENT, General Surgery, Neurology, OBGYN, Podiatry, Oncology, Inpatient Psychiatry, Wound Care, Hospitalist, Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine, Radiology
- Primary Care/Family Medicine Clinics in service area include Plover, Steven's Point, Amherst, Iola, and Waupaca
- Orthopedics, Outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Health available at off site clinics in the community
- Trauma level 3 and Licensed for 99 beds
- Only hospital in Portage County for over 125 years
- Named top 20 Rural Community Hospitals by National Rural Health Association
About Stevens Point
- Conveniently located in the center of the Wisconsin- 3 hours from the Twin Cities, 2 hours from Madison and 2.5 hours from Milwaukee
- Endless outdoor recreational activities both on water and on land
- Plethora of local and distinct dining establishments, breweries, coffee shops, and farmers markets in the area
- Extensive secondary educational opportunities – Home to University of Wisconsin- Steven's Point and a Mid-State Technical College campus
- Thriving art and music scene
- Great public and private K-12 school choices
- Well established community employers creating stable economic diversity
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) serves the area with daily flights to Minneapolis, Detroit and Chicago
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Saint Michael's Hospital Anesthesia to provide excellent Anesthesia care.
Administers anesthetic care for the purpose of facilitating diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
- Typical starting time 6:30am with several OR cases starting between 7-730am
- Work with a very collegial group with strong team atmosphere
- Cases: 5500 surgical cases/year and approximently 400 deliveries/year
- Join a well established Anesthesiologist Group of
- 3 Anesthesiologists
- 6 CRNAs
- Call: 1:6 weeknights and 1:6 weekends
- Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Develops and implements an anesthetic plan of care, including monitoring modalities and post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Selects, obtains and administers the anesthetic plan of care, including induction, maintenance and emergence phase anesthesia.
- Recognizes alterations in physiologic responses to the surgical procedure and/or the anesthetic, takes appropriate action and notifies the responsible physician as indicated.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Anesthetist credentialed from the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Master's or Doctorate of Nursing Anesthesia Practice or Nursing Practice required
- None required but some experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement