We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner - Critical Care ICU - Nights - Racine, Wisconsin - All Saints Hospital
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
- 23 bed ICU with high acuity patients
- Ability to work collaboratively with dedicated ICU nursing staff and providers
- Work 3 – 12 hour shifts per week (36 patient contact hours)
- Enjoy work-life-balance with flexible scheduling; flexibility to work 4 – 10 hour shifts per week if that is your preference
- Ability to pick up extra shifts
- Transitioning to a closed-ICU model
- Competitive night shift pay differential
- Electronic Health Record: Epic
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Certification specializing in Critical Care obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Drug Enforcement Admin with Prescriptive Authority obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- National Provider ID obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Practitioner obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Critical care credential as an Association of Critical Care Nursing (CCRN) preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master Degree of Nursing required Master’s Degree: Master’s degree in Nursing required Post Master’s certificate or Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree with a focus as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Adult Gerontology NP experience will be considered
- Minimum two years clinical nursing experience or equivalent required.
- Ideally located on the shores of Lake Michigan, 65 miles North of Chicago & 25 miles South of Milwaukee
- Racine harbor is considered one of the finest of its size on the Great Lakes
- Recreational opportunities abound locally and nearby
- Patient draw area of 230,000 and growing
- A family-oriented community
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement