We Are Hiring
Title: Physician Assistant - Behavioral Health
City, State: Manhattan, KS
Location: Via Christi Hospital Manhattan - 6th Street Clinic
Department: BH Mental Hlth Svcs OP 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 40 hours, Weekly
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health, part of Ascension, is the largest provider of healthcare services in Kansas. Based in Wichita, we serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
What You Will Do
Physician Assistant provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. Prior behavioral health experience or a recent behavioral health rotation is strongly prefered.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 45 days of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts and board certification obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Added certification in Behavioral Health required.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized University or College required prior to date of hire or transfer. Must have successfully completed an approved Physician Assistant Program and be in possession of a current certificate of accreditation required prior to date of hire or transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)