This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Medical Technologists at Ascension St John Hospital in Detroit, MI!
PRN Evening / Competitive Compensation
Additional Job Details: Monday through Friday 2:20pm-10:50 pm with rotating holidays and weekends
As a Med Tech, you are an integral part of solving mysteries, and illnesses within our Healthcare system. Our lab services help delivers the information needed for our patients most important health decisions! If you have a love of science, math, and being a problem solver, we want you! ed Tech, MT
Why Join Ascension?
- Ascension Michigan committed to providing care that treats the entire person—body, mind, and spirit—we've been a part of Ascension since 1999. We provide comprehensive prevention, primary care, and advanced treatment programs with more than 125 medical centers and seven hospital locations spanning four counties.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
What You Will Do
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implement, validate, and report laboratory test results
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance testing
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned
- Assist in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports
- Perform duties promptly, accurately, efficiently and precisely with no wasted effort. Pay heed to conservation of resources.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- One of the following is required: certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of hire/transfer date as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) or certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC). Certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of transfer/hire as a Medical Technologist in a single lab discipline by the ASCP-BOC is acceptable for positions within that lab discipline. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16 semester hours of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours of chemistry (with one semester in organic or biochemistry), one semester of mathematics or post-secondary diploma (Canadian applicants) required Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science program, or three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience under the pathologist, in lieu of an accredited program, is required
- One year of clinical laboratory experienece as an ASCP certified scientist preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)