This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Cardiac Registered Nurse (RN)
2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Multiple Units and Shifts may be available on Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCCU) and Cardio Vascular Peripheral Vascular (CVPV)
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent is the 8th largest employer in the state of Indiana with 20 hospitals. Voted one of the 15 Best Health Systems in the Nation by Thomson Reuters. A Teaching Hospital with a Magnet Designation for nursing.
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
As a Cardiac Registered Nurse your calling is to treat patients suffering from heart diseases and conditions. You have a desire to be challenged and excel in intense, fast-paced environments. St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital offers some of the most advanced cardiovascular care in the world.
Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCCU)
- Cardiac (chest pain, MI, arrhythmias, cath/PCI, etc)
- PRE-Open Heart (CABG, Valve, etc)
- Heart Failure
- PRE-VAD (Ventricular Assist Device)
- Cardiac Transplant
Cardo Vascular Peripheral Vascular (CVPV)
- Open Heart (CABG, Valve, etc)
- Peripheral Vascular (percutaneous and surgical interventions)
- Transplant (Cardiac & Renal)
- Ventricular Assist Device
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to position.
- Registered Nurse Minimum Qualification: Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Indiana obtained upon hire date to position.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Preferred Qualification: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)