This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
RN Care Management Partner - Care Management Indianapolis - FT Days - ININD St Vincent 8220 Naab Rd - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Care Management (ACM) creates customized healthcare solutions for health systems, payers, and employers that stabilize costs, improve outcomes, and enhance the experience for both providers and individuals. Our range of services strive to create a seamless healthcare experience for providers, payers and healthcare leaders by improving access to and removing complexity from the delivery of healthcare.
ACM serves 1.3 million patients across the nation and manages more than 20,000 providers through our clinically integrated networks of providers. ACM helps our customers eliminate stress and uncertainty, allowing them to confidently provide quality, value-based services and solutions. Beyond traditional population health management solutions, ACM offers additional expertise in claims management, care coordination, risk management and safety strategies that allow healthcare leaders to avoid challenges and capitalize on healthcare opportunities.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to coordinate various activities supporting case management process.
- Negotiate with payors concerning continued access to care, authorization, level of care and/or other arrangements to facilitate the patient's timely transition through the care continuum.
- Notify attending physician, treatment team, and others as needed.
- Complete admission, continued stay and discharge authorization according to hospital policy and third party payer guidelines.
- Coordinate management of patient through various community resource options.
- Integrate information obtained from the patient's chart and from communications with various sources when discussing the level and intensity of care needed.
- Maintain documentation of patient's behavior, responses and preferences related to the discharge management process.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associates degree in health related field required.
- Bachelors degree in health related field preferred.
- At least two years in nursing in health related field required.
- Direct patient care experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Health Record systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office experience strongly preferred.
- Motivational Interviewing experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)