This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Admission Evaluator Licensed - Patient Access Admitting 003 - PRN, Rotating - Westport Campus - Westport, CT
(PRN shifts days and evenings)
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport, CT, and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As a Admission Evaluator, with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to:
Conducts Interviews and assessments for potential admissions.
- Provides admissions and intake services to patients and potential patients.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Admits patients to the hospital and registers outpatients with appropriate physician orders.
- Documents calls and related admission information.
- Maintains records for monthly quality data submission such as # of referrals, discharges, etc.
- Supports clinical team as back up for group therapy or crisis intervention.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Counselor specializing in Mental Health credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Counselor specializing in Marriage & Family credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Psychologist credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education and Work Experience:
- Master's Level Degree. Masters in Mental Health discipline
- Two years assessing mental health patients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The recruitment, selection, placement, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or any other employment decision made by St. Vincent’s Health Services based on the needs of St. Vincent’s Health Services and the job related qualifications and abilities of the candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, union affiliation, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, job assignments, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees, volunteers and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.