This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Technologist-Echocardiography - Diagnostic Cardiology Anc 002 - Full-Time, Day - Indianapolis - 2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Shift Details: Would be working 7:30-4p or 8-430 Monday through Friday. Call every 4th or 6th weekend. Work the weekend the week you take call from 7:00am till 3:30pm. Work week will be scheduled at 40 hours so when working the weekend you would have 2 weekdays off.
Work Locations Description: 86th St. hospital primarily. There could be an opportunity to cross train in the outpatient office setting.
Requirements: Sonographers are required to be registered in echo by ARDMS or CCI with a minimum of 2 years scanning experience preferably in hospital setting.
Read full list of certification and registration requirements below in the What You Will Need section.
Sign On Bonus info: $5K ($1,250 after Orientation, $1,250 at 1 year, and $2,500 at 2 years.)
Echocardiograph Tech, echo tech, echo, echocardiogrpher, echo sonographer, ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound, sonographer, cardiac, vascular technologist, cardiac sonographer
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
If you are:
- Dedicated to patient care (Mind, Body, and Spirit)
- Quality driven and detail oriented
- Eager to learn continuing advances in echocardiology
- Someone who thrives in a teamwork based environment
- Registered in adult or pediatric echo
- Interested in complex adult and congenital echo cases
Come be a part of one of the largest heart transplant, LVAD/RVAD, heart failure programs in the state. We also offer CME meetings on location.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Set up and adjusts all imaging equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implement safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Perform routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Position patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensure all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Cardiac-Intrvn Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Cardiac credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year full time Cardiac Ultrasound Scanning Experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)