This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
RN-Home Care-PACE - Home Care Support Services 001 - PRN,Day - Genesys PACE Center - Flint,MI
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Coordinates home health activities and resources.
- Coordinates staff scheduling, educational/development activities and provides input for performance evaluations.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care. Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of QA/QI initiatives.
- Serves as resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitors departmental compliance with regulatory and Joint Commission requirements.
- Under direct supervision of the Center Manager, responsible for development and implementation of home care services for program participants, including the coordination of all Durable Medical Equipment and nursing home care
- Assesses, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly population, and identifies and develops specific plans of care; initial and periodic assessments to be conducted minimally every 6 months and must be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting; communicates participant changes with team members
- Coordination of 24 hour care delivery and implementation of all home care services which include nursing, PT, OT, ST and personal care services to ensure that quality services are provided to meet participant needs; coordinates and authorizes all Durable Medical Equipment; provides oversight of home care scheduling and supply ordering
- Coordinates and supervises nursing care for participants in the nursing home/boarding home according to program standards; includes interaction with other facility staff; will be required to drive daily for meetings and/or visits to participant homes and residential facilities
- Evaluates Home Care providers in conjunction with PACE Center Manager
- Demonstrates active participation in Quality Improvement (QI) processes; participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team; able to effectively present information and respond to questions from group, coworkers, participants, caregivers and the public; attend staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning; communicates any changes in participant condition to team members
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Some local travel may be required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- One or more of the following:
- Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in nursing is preferred and Home health experience is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.