This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
St. Vincent’s Primary Care – Gardendale, a 20,000 square foot clinic with diagnostic imaging, physical therapy, lab and specialty physicians on-site needs another physician. With more than 20 primary care physicians affiliated with Ascension care teams at St. Vincent's Health System, we have a practice in Gardendale that is stable, financially strong and will provide you with a collegial work environment.
Education, Training and Experience Required
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and/or Med-Peds
- Licensed in the State of Alabama or willingness to obtain license
- Look forward to growing a practice in one of the fastest growing areas of Birmingham
Why Join Ascension?
Benefits of Working for Ascension St. Vincent’s Health System
- New well-equipped clinic only seven years old
- Busy clinic- start with a full practice immediately
- Competitive pay
- Loan repayment and stipend available
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Full benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Deferred compensation plan, tax free investment account
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Appreciative patients
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
What You Will Do
St. Vincent’s Primary Care – Gardendale
- 8-5, Monday through Friday
- Six-physician practice with advanced practice providers
- Same day or next-day appointments with online scheduling.
- Tight coordination of care. A team focus on wellness exams and a great hospitalist program.
- Customized electronic health record systems that focus on clinical issues. We have an informaticist who can help you develop templates on Athena.
- Outpatient only
- 20,000 square foot clinic, with diagnostic imaging, physical therapy, lab and specialty space
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Graduate Doctoral Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)