We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse RN - VP CDSO Quality - FULL TIME - PRN AND PART TIME AVAILABLE
Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN
Shift will be determined upon interview.
Must have a heart felt desire to be a NICU nurse. This is a 100 bed unit. Level 4 NICU . The Sickest of the Sick . We are the largest in the state of Indiana.
It takes a full year of time, training and effort from the managers and the staff to get a new NICU nurse up and running to autonomy .
This position can not be treated as a stepping stone to another unit.
BSN DEGREE IS REQUIRED OR PREVIOUS NICU EXPERIENCE
IF YOU ARE A NEW GRAD OR WILL BE GRADUATING SOON- PLEASE APPLY TO THE NEW GRAD REQUISTTION .
Why Join Ascension?
ASCENSION IS THE LARGEST NON-PROFIT HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN THE COUNTRY! Think about that a minute - Think about the opportunity you have.
St. Vincent has been dedicated to improving the health of Indiana communities for more than 140 years, with over 20 health ministries serving in central and southern Indiana. More than 16,000 associates and 3,000 physicians provide a broad range of medical expertise and services - offering compassionate and personalized care for those they serve. The Three Doves in the St. Vincent logo represent the care for mind, body and spirit, especially for those who feel they have few options. As a faith-based health organization, we respect and care for individuals from all walks of life and have shown many times that our holistic care approach is working . We begin and end each day with the same focus – to deliver high-quality, patient-centered care so that our patients and their loved ones have options and opportunities to thrive.
We believe that St. Vincent is a top workplace and here are a few reasons you should consider joining the Ascension family:
- We are LOCAL. Our people, our facilities, our patients are all right here in your very own city. We provide local partnerships with community schools and organizations. We serve over 2.2 million patients annually, right here in Indiana.
- We PROVIDE for your future, allowing many opportunities to advance and even tuition reimbursement.
- St. Vincent is the 8th largest employer in the STATE with over 20 hospitals and we were voted one of the 15 Best Health Systems in the Nation!
What You Will Do
NICU Nursing Responsibilities
- Provide competent care for complex patients while building a lasting rapport with the family. Addressing the psychosocial needs of the family unit.
- Demonstrate effective communication utilizing the AIDET and SBAR communication tools.
- Demonstrates competence in professional practice. Applies nursing evidence-based practice to clinical application.
- Provides comprehensive, individualized teaching based on identified infant needs.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings that address identified patient/family needs.
- Incorporates unit based goals into nursing process.
- Opportunity to contribute to the advancement of professional practice as a member of a unit based committee/project/task force.
- Preceptor for novice/beginners.
- Participates in research and/or quality improvement activities for the advancement of clinical practice.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required and previous NICU experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required .
- One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting ( hospital) .
- Critical Care experience is a plus
- New Grads are accepted but please apply to the New Grad Residency position and note your unit of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)