We Are Hiring
Cardiovascular Surgery Physician Asst - Cardiac Heart Ctr - Full-Time, Day - Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group St. Vincent Indianapolis
Cardiac Surgery Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Ascension Medical Group St. Vincent, one of the leading centers for cardiothoracic and vascular care in the country, is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant to join our cardiovascular team. First Assist experience in the OR in a professional role outside of clinical rotations is required. We are not accepting new grads at this time.
- Must be comfortable performing: Pre-operative consultation, endoscopic vein and artery harvest, post-operative/ICU patient care
- OR experience required
- Practice volume: 8-10 cardiac procedures daily
- Schedule: Primarily hospital/operating room based. Typical hours are 6:30am-5:00pm but may fluctuate.
- Call Schedule: Rotating
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- For NPs, Nurse Practitioner specializing in Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- For NPs, Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- For PAs, one or more of the following:
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Indiana Physician Assistant Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- For NPs, Master's degree of Nursing required
- For PAs, graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program
- Master's degree preferred
- 1 year of Cardiac Surgery experience as an APP required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)