We Are Hiring
RN - CHILDRENS RES STRATFORD - Full-Time,Rotating - SVSN Childrens Residential - Stratford,CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Coordinates the activities of the residence in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Serves as resource staff.
- Ensures the appropriate transfer of information and responsibilities to the next shift.
- Ensures the residence's medications, supplies and equipment needs are met for the present and following shift.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associates degree requiredBachelor's degree preferred
- 1 year acute care nursing experience required.Pediatric experience and or experience working with children with disabilities preferred.Leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)