We Are Hiring
Assistant-Personal Care - Assisted Living 012 - Part-Time, Days - Old Orchard Group Home - Shelton, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to
Provides informal training and direct care to clients based on person-centered plans, individual needs/requests and daily household operations.
- Supervises, trains, and/or assists client in accordance with the person-centered plan, including personal care, recreation, and reinforcement of individual habilitation objectives.
- Assures client's personal property and adaptive equipment is clean and in good order including wheel chair, clothing and living space. Plans, schedules and transports clients to work, appointments and community activities.
- Documents routine medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and/or health care professionals.
- Assists individuals with meal preparation and encourages good nutritional habits and adherence to prescribed diets.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Heart Saver AED.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The recruitment, selection, placement, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or any other employment decision made by St. Vincent’s Health Services based on the needs of St. Vincent’s Health Services and the job related qualifications and abilities of the candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, union affiliation, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, job assignments, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)