We Are Hiring
Laundry Section Leader - Sr - Laundry 001 - Full-Time, Day - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Collects, washes and/or distributes clean linens and apparel for assigned clinical areas.
- Collects and sorts soiled linens and apparel. Stocks and distributes clean linens and apparel, adhering to infection control guidelines.
- Performs daily inventory to ensure clean linens and apparel are accurately stocked and distributed. Identifies items for repair or replacement and notifies management.
- Washes, dries or folds laundered linens and apparel. May operate all laundry equipment according to operating instructions and departmental policies.
- Maintains work area and equipment in clean, working condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accurately inputs the par level inventory counts into hand-held recorders and downloads this information into the Laundrys linen management program. Responsible for filling linen requests above the units par level.
- Assists Laundry Workers, when necessary, with packing unit exchange carts and ancillary service linen carts.
- Directs Laundry Workers in daily tasks to insure compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Orients and instructs new associates. Demonstrates each task. Directs the start-up and shutdown of all laundry equipment.
What You Will Need Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent-general education degree (GED) at date of hire
- Required: Three years of hospital laundry experience of which at least one year must have been in a leadership role at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.