We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant - Advanced Heart Failure/VAD transplant Hospital Services - Full-Time, Night - Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
As a Physician Assistant with Ascension St. Vincent Health, you will have the opportunity to provide direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Indiana Physician Assistant Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program Master's degree required
- 1 year of experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)