This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Nursing Supervisor, Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside
Family Birth Place: Full-Time Nights
Join our dedicated, highly skilled Family Birth Place team at Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside! As the flagship location for Ascension St. Vincent’s HealthCare, Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. The Family Birth Place at Riverside, supports a 10-bed, Level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies with special needs and our Private LDRP rooms boast a homelike environment with a private bath.
As a Nursing Supervisor in the Family Birth Place, you will supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing.
- BSN, ACLS, NRP, & STABLE required.
- Minimum 2 years L&D or NICU experience required.
- Minimum 2 years charge nurse experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)