This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Rehab BG - Skilled Nursing Facility 002 - PRN,Rotating - Borgess Place - Kalamazoo,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct nursing care to patients undergoing physical, occupational and/or speech-language therapy in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Take appropriate action to assure adequate staffing to provide resident care. Supervise and assess resident care and take appropriate action.
- Implement facility procedures to provide resident care.
- Assists with reprocessing, supply acquisition, patient charges and limited supervisory duties in overseeing and directing surgical department personnel.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of a School of Nursing required as of start dateBachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred and Previous experience in a long-term care facility, geriatric facility or rehabilitative nursing preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.