We Are Hiring
Physician, Hospitalist - Part-Time - Ascension St. Agnes Hospital - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As a Hospitalist with Ascension St. Agnes Healthcare, you will have the opportunity to provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Promptly communicates significant changes in patient condition to Primary Care Provider and/or Specialist. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Coordinates coverage schedule in collaboration with others that will provide coverage 365 days per year. Provides coverage for unexpected absences or during exceptionally high patient volumes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All duties and responsibilities are in accordance with contract language.
- If acting as academic teaching hospitalist, provides attending supervision and education for resident teams including evaluations of resident performance and other various program administrative duties as required.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Current licensure as a Physician in the state of Maryland. Board certification by American Board of Medical Specialties in Internal Medicine within five years after completion of residency training.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (MD) or osteopathic medicine (DO) required.
- One year of clinical experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.