We Are Hiring
City, State: Stevens Point,WI
Department: PSY Psychiatry - AMG-East Maria Drive
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 24 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we’re improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Health Care, you will have the opportunity to provides therapeutic psychological counseling.
- Assesses a patient's psychological status and provides appropriate interventions and treatments.
- Collaborates with nursing and ancillary service to provide appropriate psychological therapy for patient. Refers patients to other disciplines for consult and evaluations as indicated.
- Provides psychological expertise and education to multidisciplinary team. Acts as resource to other disciplines.
- Communicates complex/sensitive information to patients and medical team.
- Administers and interprets child and adolescent psychological testing, report writing, consultation, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy and general psychological therapy to patients in an outpatient setting.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Psychologist credentialed from the Wisconsin Psychology Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of a Ph.D. or Psy.D Psychology Program
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) required
- Two (2) years of related experience prefered
- Willing to take a new graduate if they have had appropriate intership experience with ADHD testing
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement