This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
APRN-Clinical Nurse Specialist - Cardiovascular Unit - Full-Time, Day - St. John Medical Center - Tulsa, OK
The CV CNS is a role model, patient advocate, change agent, leader, and cost-effective practitioner who provides clinical support to St. John Heart Institute to improve patient care and patient outcomes for the service line (CVI, Cath Lab, Step Down Unit and CVICU).
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. The health system also includes primary and specialty physician clinics, outpatient treatment centers, urgent care facilities and a regional medical laboratory. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to provide advanced care, consultation, research, management and education in a specific clinical area.
- Provides advanced direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Serves as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development. Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Manages clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- May assess the learning needs of patients and families and develops and/or implements teaching programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must be credentialed and privileged through the St. John Health System credentialing process prior to performing advanced practice nurse role in direct patient care.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required and Master's degree required
- None required.
- 2 years minimum Cardiac RN experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)