We Are Hiring
Inventory Control Clerk - Distribution 001 - Full-Time, Night - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to
Monitors, orders, stocks, and transports supplies and/or equipment for the organization.
- Monitors, orders, stocks, and transports supplies and/or equipment.
- Ensures timely delivery of stock/inventory as needed.
- Investigates and troubleshoots inventory issues/problems.
- Maintains accurate tracking records for inventory.
- Complies with all inventory controls related to and ensuring the accuracy of physical product, paperwork, and inventory system.
- Stocks unit supply rooms in a neat and orderly fashion and according to procedures.
- Protects supplies and equipment from damage or loss.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, management, clinicians, and other relevant hospital areas.
- May be required to transport patients to designated sites as assigned.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent
- Able to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions, comply with procedures and policies, and perform simple arithmetic calculations and Previous experience working with any of the following: shipping, receiving, picking, logistics, distribution, purchasing, warehousing, inventory management, contracting, and vendor management. Skilled use of personal computers and/or related software applications required.Preferred: one year experience in disciplines listed above.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)