This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
CT Technologist - PRN, Rotating - Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg Ft Scott ED - Fort Scott, KS
Sunday through Saturday - 8am-9pm; overnights - 9pm-730am.
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2 years in a row.
Offering emergency room, diagnostic imaging and laboratory services in Fort Scott, Kansas.
These critical services are offered in approximately 16,000-square feet of clinical space at the former hospital location. Ascension Via Christi Hospital’s Emergency Room in Fort Scott is open around the clock to treat injuries ranging from minor to the most serious.
24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine physicians
A comprehensive quality assessment program
Back-up care for rural and community hospitals
Continued education of the nursing and the trauma team
Prevention efforts and an active outreach program for referring communities
Every room is connected to a centralized monitoring system, overseeing the vital signs of each patient. Upon entering our emergency department, patients are evaluated by a registered nurse and triaged according to the following classifications:
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As a CT Technologist with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to perform computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists.
- Prepare and position patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and report abnormal activity. Monitor protocols and recommend updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 15 Months (1 1/4 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)