We Are Hiring
Physician-Addictionologist - Full-Time,Day - Brighton Center for Recovery - Brighton, MI
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As a Addictionologist Physician with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Additional responsibilities as stated in the Physician's Employment Agreement for Professional Services.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- DEA controlled substance registration required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following:
- Unrestricted Michigan license to practice allopathic or osteopathic medicine in Michigan required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy required
- 1 year of experience required.
- BE/BC in specialty.
- AOBNP and ABMS Certification and Suboxone Waiver preferred.
- Position is for PRN and part of on-call schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)