We Are Hiring
Child Care Teacher - Child Development Center - Part-Time, Day - Via Christi Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
Part - Time ( Monday - Friday 4 hour shifts - varied - morning shifts ) 20 hours per week!
The Ascension Via Christi Child Development Center provides care to the children of associates and their family members. The hours are flexible for associates and parents, opening at 6 a.m. and closing at 6 p.m., but allowing pick-ups until 8 p.m. to accommodate clinical staff working the 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. shifts. During the summer, it also has a recreation program for school-age kids through age 12.
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to perform teaching assignments in assigned courses.
- Develops and delivers all content and related materials in assigned courses.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methods, technologies and student learning activities to address various learning styles and achieve course objectives.
- Arranges and finalizes sites for student practice, provides student advisement and participates in college committees.
- Constructs and selects appropriate evaluation modalities which measure the learner's achievement of course objectives.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and competence in assigned teaching areas.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. In lieu of BLS, Pediatric CPR and First Aid through ASHI, AHA or LifeSaver Learning, Inc. or Heart Saver AED through AHA obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date will be accepted.
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Will accept Food Handler Card through City of Wichita's Environmental Health within 1 Month (30 days) of hire or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Child care experience strongly preferred
- Child Development Associate's Credential (CDA), Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Education-related field, or relevant college credits strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)