This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Assistant - NSS Clinical Staffing - Nurse Staffing 001 - PRN, Rotating - Ascension Genesys Hospital, HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Staffing and Scheduling, Flex hours for department needs
Why Join Ascension?
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to coordinate staff scheduling and time and attendance activities for assigned area.
- Processes time and attendance records.
- Generates reports and trends data as required.
- Verifies and confirms individual time records.
- Reviews and assists with monitoring and adjusting daily staffing levels.
- Provides Nursing Support Services with data and decision support for Ansos and Kronos systems, staffing, scheduling, staff activity, turnover, transfers and productivity.
- Assists Nursing management and employees in matters relating to scheduling, staffing, pay, and other issues related to the current collective bargaining agreement.
- Coordinates daily staffing needs based on grid targets and unit activity under direction of nursing management. Makes changes in employees' schedules in ANSOS and Kronos based on daily staffing needs as directed.
- Assists in providing consistent practices for preparation and maintenance of employee staffing and revises employee schedules based on daily staffing needs, as directed and in accordance with collective bargaining agreement.
- Assist with orientation of new employees in the classification.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, and it is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required; associates degree is preferred, and/or experience with staffing a group of employees, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Requires at least 6 months experience using and maintaining scheduling & staffing software.
- Prefer prior work experience in the use of Ansos, Kronos, MS Office Suites products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.