We Are Hiring
Risk Manager - Risk Management South Region - Full-Time, Days - Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to develop, implement and manage risk management activities.
- Manages event and claim investigations, management and litigation across all coverage lines.Serves on the appropriate hospital/ministry event reporting core team and Serious Event Review team(s).
- Evaluates risk management functions and processes through the use of data capture, follow up and trend analysis and presents findings to appropriate committees; collects, evaluates and distributes relevant data concerning patient/visitor/environmental injuries and near misses and aggregates summaries for committee reviews.
- Assists with the development and implementation of initiatives and policies and procedures, includingassociate and medical staff education activities, Provider Associate Care Team (PACT) program and other risk reduction/elimination throughout the organization.
- Supports the process of responding to product and safety recalls and alerts and safe medical devicereporting of adverse events.
- Supports the organization's risk management goals, strategies and processes.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- ASN or BSN Strongly Preferred
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- RN Licensure Strongly Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)