We Are Hiring
Our established rural practice in Oneonta, 45 minutes north of Birmingham, needs a primary care physician. And we hope that you will partner with us to manage the overall care of our patients. With more than 20 primary care physicians affiliated with Ascension care teams at St. Vincent's Health System, we have a practice in Oneonta that is stable, financially strong and will provide you with a collegial work environment.
Education, Training and Experience Required
- Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and/or Med-Peds
- Licensed in the State of Alabama or willingness to obtain license
- Look forward to growing a built-in patient base
- Willing to provide same day access and take walk-in patients
Why Join Ascension?
Benefits of Working for Ascension St. Vincent’s Health System
- Well-equipped clinic
- Competitive pay
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Full benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Deferred compensation plan, tax free investment account
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Appreciative patients
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
A member of the Ascension family, the largest not-for-profit health system in the nation, St. Vincent’s is grounded in a 100-plus-yer tradition of care for generations of families.
What You Will Do
St. Vincent’s Primary Care - Oneonta
- 8-5, Monday through Friday
- Outpatient only or traditional practice
- Busy four-physician practice with nurse practitioners
- Same day or next-day appointments with online scheduling.
- Tight coordination of care. A team focus on wellness exams and a great hospitalist program for physicians preferring outpatient only.
- Integration of behavioral healthcare into primary-care delivery.
- Customized electronic health record systems that focus on clinical issues. We have an informaticist who can help you develop templates on Athena.
- Large busy clinic
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Graduate Doctoral Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)