We Are Hiring
Technical Engineering Analyst - ESD Connect - Full-Time, Days - Virtual
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
As a Technical Engineering Analyst with Ascension Technologies, you will have the opportunity to apply technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure.
As an Associate with Ascension Health, supporting Presence Life connections, you will have the opportunity to apply technical expertise associated with the Telecommunications Infrastructure comprised of multiple disciplines
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures. Successfully troubleshoots most applications problems independently.
- Participates in design, contributing technical insights and ideas. Helps formulate project scope and objectives.
- Works with customers to understand and explain business and technical issues, respond to user problems, explain new technologies, and present deliverables.
- Writes basic documentation of a new or proposed system. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team. Contributes to project plans, RFP's and RFI's.
- Manage departmental Moves, Adds, Changes and refresh Projects.
- Support the Ascension Architect in the design phase of new projects.
- Manage implementations, with pre-defined solutions, with vendor in a co-delivery model
- Assist Vendors and project managers with detailed, written implementation task plans
- Understand and document end-user impacts with all changes and develop test plans
- Manage Carrier supplied services: problem resolution, new installs, timely disconnects.
- Coordinate subcontractors with implementation of cables, equipment rack, etc.
- Resolve and track end-user reported Incidents, tasks and new requests per defined SLA’s
- Diagnose and Resolve systemic issues, per defined SLA’s & with RCA’s
- Maintain system health per established product guidelines and schedules
- Maintain detailed systemic and environmental inventories.
- Recommend and follow up on improvements in support of end-user experience
- Provide mentoring, training and assistance to a team of technicians and end-users.
- Maintain appropriate spares inventories for immediate issue resolution
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Desired Work Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience, in Telecommunications related field
Desired Competencies / skills
- Experience & skills with telecommunications Hardware and software communications environments including: Operations, Maintenance, Installation, issue resolution, performance.
- Experience with managing Carrier services supplied to the Voice Infrastructure.
- Avaya Aura CM, Session Manger, System Manager, G450 survivable gateways expertise and experience preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- Microsoft Office – Common computer skills
- Flexible in support of 7x24x365 operations. On-Call rotation.
- Ability to understand and articulate customer business needs.
- Understands the criticality of a Health Care environment.
- Maintains cautious and respectful service within Senior Living communities
- Can Screen complex, technical or specialized literature and apply
- Ability to travel locally to sites located in Northern Illinois/Chicago.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)