We Are Hiring
Business Systems Analyst - ACM Actuarials - Full-Time, Days - Glendale Office - Glendale, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to evaluate, implement and maintain assigned business systems and applications.
- Assists in evaluating proposals for data collection through an understanding of the functional area's business and applications needs.
- Assists in planning and implementing activities required for the collection and analysis of data related to departmental business needs, including the development of data collection systems.
- Maintains specific departmental data collection systems (e.g., databases and spreadsheets) by troubleshooting problems, providing user support and education and promoting integration with other systems.
- Develops and runs basic queries and other data collection spreadsheets to support assigned business areas and organizes them in a format for ease of review and use.
- Distills business processes to key functions and create and document processes to identify opportunities to automate and/or improve an existing process.
- Assists in conducting complicated and detailed analyses of data relative to the applicable business function.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in the management of financial systems and financial reporting, financial data analysis, and/or decision support analytics preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience interpreting user stories and applying the appropriate technical solutions to deliver operational results preferred.
- Experience with fully adjudicated Medical and Rx claims, Premium, Provider, and/or Supplemental data highly preferred. Medicare Advantage experience a plus.
- Consulting, business analyst, and/or decision support analyst experience is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills a must, Tableau and Python skills a plus.
- Strong Business Requirements Development skills preferred.
- Expertise in an Integrated Delivery Network, Insurance Provider, or TPA preferred.
- Prior experience in Optum applications, the Kimball Enterprise Data Warehouse model, Hadoop, and/or other application implementations, or large-scale projects is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)