This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Certified Nursing Asst-PACE - RC Other Services 001 - Full-Time,Day - PACE Center - Flint,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with basic patient care activities.
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Performs patient care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and adult day health staff. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee but is independent in the application of nursing knowledge and skills.
- Communicates effectively with participants, families, staff and the staff of other agencies.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings. Works effectively in a team setting. Demonstrates active participation in the Quality Improvement (QI) process.
- Provides basic activities of daily living (ADL) nursing care to assigned patients. Documents treatments, procedures, observations, nursing care, and participant activities on appropriate forms and in the medical record as appropriate. Reports changes in the participant's condition to the pertinent Interdisciplinary Team member.
- Participates in the process of teaching and learning with others.
- Abides by all established Genesys PACE of Genesee County policies, rules, and regulations.
- Assists with participant meal service and laundry, as needed; assists with keeping participant areas clean and orderly
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Some local travel may be required.
- Certified Nurse Aide credentialed from the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry .
- One or more of the following:
- Valid Automobile Insurance credentialed from the Auto Owners Insurance obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required; graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program preferred Must possess the skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients and must be able to function well in a team environment, and act only within the scope of his/her authority to practice Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact and Six months clinical experience as a personal care aide, nursing assistant, or emergency medical technician and one year of experience with a frail, elderly population. Meets a standard set of competencies for the specific position description established by Genesys PACE of Genesee County and approved by CMS before working independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)