We Are Hiring
Customer Service Assistant - HBP Emergency Medicine 001 - Part-Time, Evenings - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Performs receptionist functions for assigned areas.
- Receives, screens, routes and responds to incoming telephone calls.
- Takes accurate messages and ensures timely delivery.
- Greets guests and provides appropriate assistance and information.
- Performs additional clerical duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meets the Saint Agnes Hospital requirements for operating an employee owned vehicle.
- Demonstrates proficiency with several information systems and computer applications to facilitate assisting customers requesting patient health information from various sources to include laboratory testing and procedure.
- Demonstrates independent judgment to produce high levels of customer satisfaction and problem resolution. Skill sets required are varied to include: information retrieval, patient registration, specimen processing and phlebotomy.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new associates. Maintains knowledge and skills required to work in assigned areas of Laboratory Outreach.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent Preferred: Some college courses related to Customer Service or psychology
- Required: Customer service experience or previous experience working in a healthcare environment. Preferred: One (1) year of customer service experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.