We Are Hiring
Sonographer Cardiac-Reg-PRN - Diagnostic Cardiology Anc 001 - PRN, Day - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs highly technical medical tests using ultrasound technology to image the heart. Works independently and possesses a detailed, working knowledge of heart anatomy and physiology.
- Pulls prior reports, enters/edits charges, and processes paperwork as necessary to complete the procedures, obtaining clinical history from patient and medical chart and correlates this information with invasive and other non-invasive test results to determine proper protocol(s) for the procedure(s). Interprets appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and provides care needed as described in the departments policies and procedures.
- Performs cardiac auscultation as needed to determine the state of hemodynamics in the patients heart. Analyzes hemodynamic and physical data gathered during echocardiography, measures recorded information and calculates physiologic factors that influence diagnosis.
- Provides on-the-job training for apprentice staff or non-certified Cardiovascular Technologists.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent; completion of an approved training program (sanctioned by The American Society of Echocardiography or other regulatory agency) OR two years on-the-job training in lieu of approved training program at date of hire Preferred: Completion of an approved training program (sanctioned by The American Society of Echocardiography or other regulatory agency) at date of hire
- Required: Two years experience performing M mode, 2D and Doppler Echocardiography or one year on-the-job training and/or completion of an approved program at date of hire. Preferred: Five years experience as Echocardiography Technologist and Cardiology Technician ll. Pediatric experience or willing to learn at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.