We Are Hiring
Echocardiography Technologist - Diagnostic Cardiology - PRN, Rotating - Via Christi Hospital - Pittsburg, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2 years in a row.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As an Echocardiography Technologist with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Set up and adjust all imaging equipment and manually maneuver transducers to perform exams.
- Implement safety standards and perform appropriate quality control procedures.
- Perform routine and complex studies and assist in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensure all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Vascular Sonography credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)