We Are Hiring
Social Worker - Case Management - PRN, Rotating
St Vincent Evansville Health System - 3700 Washington Avenue - Evansville, IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
As a Social Worker with St. Vincent's Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to investigate, assess and plan interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems.
- Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case activity.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Assists clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
- Supports management of concurrent review, discharge planning processes, social services, home care and other post discharge needs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Agency Affiliated Counselor obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Social Worker credentialed from the Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred Master's degree in Social Work
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)