We Are Hiring
Surgical Coordinator - PP Vascular Surgery - FT,Day - Wilkens Ave-3407-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Schedules surgical procedures, appointments, resources, and/or equipment.
- Gathers necessary demographic and clinical information and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures. May communicate pre-service requirements and instructions.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the time and clinical resources. Makes necessary adjustments to the surgical schedule as changes occur to coordinate resources.
- Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- May assist with the coordination of activities, such as insurance pre-certification/authorization and resource usage and changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts initial coding of each procedure and coordination of all pre-operative appointments and testing. Schedules first post-operative office appointment and provides full clerical support to the designated surgeon. Serves as a liaison between surgeon and various hospital departments.
- Verifies insurance and obtains required pre-authorization for procedures. May assist with patient billing process, obtains CPT and ICD-9 codes for scheduled procedures checking with physician. May distribute the Financial Policy to patient, collects co-pays and balances from prior services, as well as payment for services rendered at that time. May be required to enter charges, reconcile charge tickets to scheduled patient, balance cash log to money collected, and issue receipts to patients for monies collected.
- May track lab results and procedures and attach copies of lab reports (pathology, blood, etc.), imaging reports, op notes, and office notes to patient charts as well as provide that information to physician for review.
- May complete medical certificates and disability insurance papers and provide to physician for review, approval and signature.
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience at date of hire
- Required: For Seton Medical Group OB Columbia: One year related experience at date of hire. For Physician Specialty Practices: Five years of experience performing a full range of clerical support services that includes medical terminology. Experience identifying and using ICD-9 and CPT codes at date of hire. Preferred: For Seton Medical Group OB Columbia: One year experience in an outpatient or medical setting at date of hire. For Physician Specialty Practices: Ten years of experience in a medical setting, general knowledge of insurance processes at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.