We Are Hiring
Medical Social Worker III - Case Management 001 - Full-Time, Evenings - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders, conditions and addictions.
- Administers and interprets tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities.
- Develops and implements appropriate assessment-based treatment plan.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Provides crisis-oriented psychotherapy as well as short-term and long-term psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed as a LCSW (Certified Social Worker) or LCSW-C (Certified Social Worker Clinical) credentialed from the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master's Level Degree
- Required: Masters Degree in Social Work from CSWE approved School of Social Work at date of hire
- Required: One year of experience in an acute care health setting or related employment at date of hire. Preferred: Three years of experience in an acute care health setting. Knowledge of clinical, legal, financial and general admission requirements for transfer to post acute care and/or palliative care. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid coverage for post acute care and palliative care services. Knowledge regarding Advanced Directives, competency and guardianship. Knowledge about child and adult abuse and neglect dynamics and reporting requirements as well as the ability to assess and report accurately and implement safe and appropriate discharges. Knowledge of psychosocial and legal issues related to domestic violence as well as community resources available to assist victims. Knowledge of community resources, especially those for palliative care and chronic illness. Knowledge necessary to understand the patients plan of care and goals of care. Palliative Care at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.