We Are Hiring
St. Vincent’s East has an 80-bed psychiatric unit where individuals participate in an active program that may include medication management, therapeutic activities, and individual and family therapies.
Education, Training and Experience Required
- Board certified or board eligible in Psychiatry
- Licensed in the State of Alabama or willingness to obtain license
- Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry in an inpatient unit
- Interested in psychiatrists in any stage of their career
- Treat patients of all ages with all types of presenting problem
- ECT or interest in ECT optional but not required
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
Benefits of Working for St. Vincent’s Health System
- Vibrant inpatient unit and outpatient services
- Connected to Grayson & Associates with a great track record in Birmingham since 1985
- Med management and belief in psychotherapy
- Team approach between therapist and physician
- Able to provide all levels of care
- Collegial interdisciplinary practice
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
- Autonomy in a collegial practice
A member of the Ascension family, the largest not-for-profit health system in the nation, St. Vincent’s is grounded in a 100-plus-yer tradition of care for generations of families.
What You Will Do
St. Vincent’s Health System
- Combination of inpatient and outpatient work
- Outpatient office at Grayson & Associates, largest private mental health practice in Alabama with 102 providers, and second office at our Bridge Clinic in the unit.
- Participate in Tele-Psychiatry supported across Ascension ministries by Ironbow
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Graduate Doctoral Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)