We Are Hiring
Medicare Wellness Nurse - Physician Office RN - AMG Nurses - Full-Time, Day - St Mary's of Michigan - Riverfront - Saginaw, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct and indirect patient care in a physician practice including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating of patient care.
- Assesses the physical and psychological status of patients, provides interventions/treatments and evaluates effectiveness of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Prepares patients for exams and procedures and assists physician with performing select minor procedures. Collects/records vital signs, performs diagnostic tests, administers medications and collects/prepares specimens. May perform phlebotomy.
- Performs other duties as assigned, scheduling tests and appointments, providing instruction for testing and procedures, calling in prescriptions and providing referrals.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and family and provides population appropriate education.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Minimum of an Associate's degree from an accredited school of nursing required at start date and One year of experience working in a medical setting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.