We Are Hiring
Surgical Technologist - Surgery
Ascension Via Christi Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
We are looking for an experienced cardiovascular Surgical Technologist for our Heart Team. This role is critical to our team and we are offering a $20,000 sign-on bonus to help you transition to your new career.
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and operate a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart.
- We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position.
- We offer child care for day shift associates through our Child Development Center.
- Our Breaking Bread program, allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It’s one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients.
- We were voted Best in Town by the Wichita Eagle’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards and named in Becker’s Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs.
What You Will Do
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assist surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of scrub tech experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)