We Are Hiring
Ascension Wisconsin - Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Family Medicine Department is looking for a full time Family Medicine Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Sacred Heart
- Not-for-profit Hospital committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
- 18bed critical access hospital allowing for support from the ED and easy access to the primary care clinic, radiology, rehabilitation therapy and lab located in the same building
- Long-standing commitment to the community and intriguing historical presence for over 125 years
- Current facility built in 2003 and is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Serving residents in Oneida and Lincoln counties
- Earned the 5star award for Patient Emergency Department Services
- Well established, family friendly community incorporated in 1891 during the height of the lumbering boom in Wisconsin
- Conveniently located off one the major highways that connects Northern Wisconsin to the southern part of the state
- Enjoy all the small-town charm with the many restaurants, shops and annual events unique to the area
- Thriving businesses in area including a HarleyDavidson facility.
- Vacation destination with many lakes, trails and beautiful parks to relish all year round
- Quality public and private K12 schools
- Easy access to the Rhinelander-Oneida County Airport which is located 25 minutes away
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin invites you to explore a Family Medicine opportunity in beautiful Northern Wisconsin.
Ascension Wisconsin is actively seeking a Family Medicine or IM/Peds physician to join our outpatient clinical practice in Tomahawk, WI.
- Full time opportunity to join a well-established primary care team that consists of a nice mix of new and experienced physicians and advanced practice clinicians
- Provide full-spectrum outpatient services in the clinic - willing to support a traditional practice
- Opportunity to provide coverage in the area nursing homes and assisted living facilities if interested but not required
- Perform minor procedures if interested that include but not limited to lesion removal, joint injections, suturing and casting
- Flexible scheduling allowing for a 4-day work week if desired
- Clinic call: Cover your own patients during the day - no night call (ED covers evenings) - regional call for weekends only 2-3 times per year (phone call only)
- Excellent relationships and easy access to specialists that rotate to the clinic
- A very passionate and collegial group boasting a strong team atmosphere
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Current board certification required. Board eligibility accepted if within 2 years of residency completion.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement