We Are Hiring
Ascension Wisconsin - Ascension St. Michael's Hospital Family Medicine Department is looking for a full time Famiy Medicine Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Saint Michael’s
- Not-for-profit Hospital committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
- Beautiful facility with state-of-the-art equipment including an XI Da Vinci Robot
- Onsite services include Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Urology, Infectious Disease, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, ENT, General Surgery, Neurology, OBGYN, Podiatry, Oncology, Inpatient Psychiatry, Wound Care, Hospitalist, Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine, Radiology
- Primary Care/Family Medicine Clinics in service area include Plover, Steven's Point, Amherst, Iola, and Waupaca
- Orthopedics, Outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Health available at off site clinics in the community
- Trauma level 3 and Licensed for 99 beds
- Only hospital in Portage County for over 125 years
- Named top 20 Rural Community Hospitals by National Rural Health Association
About the Waupaca area
- Quaint family friendly town with approximately 6000 residents
- Conveniently located between 2 larger communities of Stevens Point and Appleton
- Enjoy all the charming shops, unique dining options and entertainment throughout the year
- Ideal location for the outdoor enthusiast with endless amount of recreational activities to enjoy, including the beautiful Upper Chain O'Lakes
- Plethora of local and distinct dining establishments, breweries, coffee shops, shopping and farmers markets in the surrounding communities
- Stevens Point has extensive secondary educational opportunities – Home to University of Wisconsin- Steven's Point and a Mid-State Technical College campus
- Great public and private K-12 school choices
- Well established employers in the area creating stable economic diversity
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is seeking a Family Medicine or IM/PEDS physician to join an established outpatient practice in Waupaca, Wisconsin. You will join an experienced team with one other physician, two nurse practitioners, an RN case manager and a behavioral health specialist. The successful candidate will share our commitment to quality health care and exceptional patient service.
- Full-time:36 hours/week; flexible schedule
- Full spectrum outpatient Family Medicine
- Call 1:5 (Light phone call only - one night per week and every 4th weekend)
- Approximately 15-20 patients per day
- The facility is recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home-Level III
- Clinicians work collaboratively with an onsite behavioral health specialist and an RN case manager
- Full lab and x-ray on site
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s)
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Current board certification required. Board eligibility accepted if within 2 years of residency completion.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement