We Are Hiring
Physician, Emergency Medicine - Full-Time- Ascension Wisconsin - Stevens Point,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin invites you to explore an Emergency Medicine opportunity in Central Wisconsin.
Our opportunity is ideal for a physician looking to treat a full range of trauma patients while still offering a high-level of personalized care. We are actively seeking a BC/BE Emergency Medicine Physician at Saint Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, WI.
- Full time (19 shifts every 6 weeks); fixed forward-rotating schedule
- Double physician coverage from 8a-1a
- Trauma Level III
- Annual volume 33,000
- Excellent, well established Nursing and Support Staff
- New ED opened 2015
- Private patient rooms; 2 trauma rooms
- Portable ultrasound
- Radiology suite right in department
- Ergonomic clinician work stations
- Team boasts excellent relationships with Hospitalists, Surgeons, Radiologists and OR staff
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Current Board Certification required. Board Eligibility accepted if within 2 years of residency completion.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement