We Are Hiring
Ascension Wisconsin - Ascension Saint Michael's Hospital Anesthesia Department is looking for a Full Time Anesthesia Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Saint Michael’s Hospital
- Not-for-profit Hospital committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
- Beautiful facility with state-of-the-art equipment including an XI Da Vinci Robot
- Onsite services include Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Urology, Infectious Disease, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, ENT, General Surgery, Neurology, OBGYN, Podiatry, Oncology, Inpatient Psychiatry, Wound Care, Hospitalist, Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine, Radiology
- Primary Care/Family Medicine Clinics in service area include Plover, Steven's Point, Amherst, Iola, and Waupaca
- Orthopedics, Outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Health available at off site clinics in the community
- Trauma level 3 and Licensed for 99 beds
- Only hospital in Portage County for over 125 years
- Named top 20 Rural Community Hospitals by National Rural Health Association
About Stevens Point
- Conveniently located in the center of the Wisconsin- 3 hours from the Twin Cities, 2 hours from Madison and 2.5 hours from Milwaukee
- Endless outdoor recreational activities both on water and on land
- Plethora of local and distinct dining establishments, breweries, coffee shops, and farmers markets in the area
- Extensive secondary educational opportunities – Home to University of Wisconsin- Steven's Point and a Mid-State Technical College campus
- Thriving art and music scene
- Great public and private K-12 school choices
- Well established community employers creating stable economic diversity
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) serves the area with daily flights to Minneapolis, Detroit and Chicago
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is currently recruiting a BC/BE Anesthesiologist to join our team at Saint Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, WI. Saint Michael's is a fully accredited, acute-care facility offering a comprehensive range of services to residents in and around central Wisconsin.
- Unique 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule
- Team includes 3 MDAs and 6 CRNAs
- Great relationship with Surgeons and OR team
- Case loads include General Surgery, OB/GYN, Ortho, GI, ENT, Ophtho, Urology, Dentistry and Spine with occasional Peds cases
- Approx. 4000 surgeries/yr and 3000 GI procedures
- Average number of deliveries = 400/yr
What You Will Need
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Board eligible/certified in Anesthesiology
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement