We Are Hiring
Physician, Infectious Diseases - Ascension Medical Group - Full-Time - Ascension St. Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group is currently seeking a highly motivated Infectious Diseases Specialist to join St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Join a well-established Infectious Diseases practice currently consisting of 1 full-time physician partner
- Alternate weeks on the inpatient consultative service or outpatient clinical service
- Ability to serve on the local, state and national infection prevention and antimicrobial stewardship councils collaborating with other infectious diseases specialists throughout Ascension Wisconsin and Ascension National
- Hours: Monday – Friday consultative weeks and Monday – Thursday for outpatient weeks to average 4.5 work days/week
- Call: 24 hours/5 days Monday through Friday while on inpatient consultative service
- Must be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Infectious Diseases
- Able to do procedures if you desire; however, interventional radiology is available to utilize as well
- Excellent hospitalist support system in place who will admit on your behalf
- Large Primary Care base with established referral patterns
- Generous Benefits, including a great retirement package
- Competitive compensation package
- Signing incentives, including loan forgiveness
- 8 weeks of vacation after first year + 8 holidays
- Annual CME stipend
Ascension Wisconsin is expanding their ID service line locally and statewide with the intent to provide improved work/life balance and allow for growth opportunities in the outpatient setting. Having a two-partner ID practice would enable our facility to implement an outpatient infusion clinic with the additional volumes. Due to the vast and rural nature of many of the hospitals across Ascension Wisconsin, telemedicine capabilities can also be utilized to expand the ID service line within the Fox valley and Northern Markets.
- Work with a close-knit team that is experienced and has strong team atmosphere
- St. Elizabeth is newly renovated- recently opened a brand new, state of the art 90 bed inpatient bed tower
- St. Elizabeth is considered a referral center for several smaller hospitals throughout the Fox Valley and the Northern Wisconsin Markets
- St. Elizabeth has a full complement of sub-specialists on staff
- Cardiology, Pulmonary/Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Renal, Surgical Specialties, orthopedics, oncology, etc.
- Join a very supportive nursing and administrative team
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement