We Are Hiring
Physician, Psychiatry - Adult - Ascension Medical Group - Full-Time - Ascension St. Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic full-time Psychiatrist to join a busy and established practice at our Madison Street Clinic in Appleton, WI.
- Join a multi-disciplinary Practice Consisting of
- Certified Behavioral Health NP
- Social Workers
- AODA Counselors
- Must Be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Psychiatry
- General outpatient Adult Psychiatry
- No weekends or holidays
- Group sites a variety of practice
- Ability to conduct your own ECTs (optional)
- Behavioral Health Specialists within our primary care clinics help to screen and triage patients appropriately
- Generous Benefits, including a great retirement package
- Competitive compensation package
- Clinic hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday: 8:00AM to 4:30 PM
- Full billing and coding support provided within the clinic
- 1:1 Nursing staff
- Group boasts a collaborative relationship with community mental health resources
- 55 inpatient psychiatric beds total between two campuses with state of the art upgrades
- Mercy Geriatric Psychiatric Unit consists of 8 bed unit, planned expansion to 15 beds by July of 2019 Mercy Adult Psychiatric Unit consists of 7 beds
- St. Elizabeth Adult Psychiatric Unit consists of 16 beds
- St. Elizabeth Adolescent Psychiatric Unit consists of 17 beds, brand new unit multi-million-dollar unit constructed in 2018
- Full billing and coding support provided
- Suboxone program
- Outpatient mental health and AODA clinics at both campuses
- The heart of Wisconsin's Fox Cities, Appleton is a community known for its quality of life. Fox Cities is one of Wisconsin's fastest growing areas with more than 236,000 residents. It is a unique mixture of urban style and small town warmth making the Fox Cities a great place. Appleton is located in Northeastern Wisconsin which is just 100 miles to Milwaukee, 30 miles to Green Bay, 200 miles to Chicago, and 100 miles to Madison- the ideal location to be. Appleton has far more culture, entertainment, and convenience that will offer amenities for everyone. With Appleton’s exceptional public and private schools, it also offers a safe, family friendly community to raise a family with the cost of living being relatively low. It’s an attractive place to be filled with friendly people and fine institutions.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement