We Are Hiring
Surg Asst I (Union)
St. Francis - Milwaukee,WI
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Fransiscan WI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program required Graduate of an accredited Surgical First Assistant certificate program preferred Five years of Surgical First Assistant/Tech experience accepted in lieu of education or Minimum of three years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement