We Are Hiring
Physician, Geriatrics - Nursing Home - Ascension Medical Group - Part-Time (0.75 FTE) - Oshkosh, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is currently seeking a part-time (0.75 FTE) Gerontologist or IM/FM Ger/MED certified physician to provide direct care onsite at area nursing homes and assisted living facilities throughout Oshkosh, WI.
- Join a well-established Practice Consisting of
- 2 Physicians
- 6 Nurse Practitioners; that have extensive experience and dedication with the geriatric population
- Need to be available via pager or phone Monday-Friday 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM-calls only from the Nurse Practitioners
- 1:8-calls only from the switchboard and facilities
- Ideal call schedule
- Must be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Geriatrics, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Lead a regional team with two NPs serving 6 nursing homes
- You will enjoy significant practice autonomy with the flexibility to determine your own schedule
- Ability to be the Medical Director for 2 local nursing homes with the opportunity for growth
- Generous Benefits, including a great retirement package
- Competitive compensation package
- The group boasts a very collaborative relationship with the Nurse Practitioners and nursing home staff
- Treating approximately 350 patients throughout the area with 25 percent of them being rehab
- Ideal opportunity to work with the elderly population as well as treating a broad scope of patients in skilled nursing facilities
- Post hospital recovery, stroke care, pneumonia patients, long term care patients, congestive heart failure patients
- Opportunity to care for a vulnerable population and practice palliative care
- Patients per day: 10-12
- Ideal opportunity for physician looking to create own flexible schedule
The city of Oshkosh is an award winning community in the heart of the Fox River Valley that is 90 miles north of Milwaukee and 50 miles south of Green Bay. It is a progressive and participative community of approximately 66,083 that offers small-town friendliness with big city features. Oshkosh United States,” “The Best Place in Wisconsin to Raise Kids,” and was named one of the “50 Smart Places to Live,” in the United States. Oshkosh offers an excellent school system, abundant entertainment opportunities, a low cost of living, a clean environment, and much more. There are a variety of attributes that make Oshkosh a haven for anyone interested in combining the city life with the benefits of a small town.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement