We Are Hiring
Come Join us at St. Vincent’s Birmingham as a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Stepdown on 5West.
Shift Details: Full Time – Day shift – 7a to 7p. 3-12-hour shifts per week, to include every third weekend! No Experience is required
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for our associates: the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission. We offer a comprehensive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, retirement, as well as a generous PTO/Holiday accrual. Company paid Short Term, Long Term, Basic Life and Accidental death benefits are also included. Associates can take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance and much more.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham has over 400 beds and provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent’s has a compelling reputation in the Birmingham area as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
St. Vincent’s Health System is the first and only health system in the nation to hold the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)’s heart accreditations in all three areas, those include atrial fibrillation, heart failure and chest pain. St. Vincent's Cardiovascular Care Center offers a variety of services to assist patients with cardiovascular problems. These services aid in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
5West, Cardiac Step-Down is a private 32 bed unit that specializes in cardiac care for patients who have had open heart surgery. You will see cardiovascular/thoracic patients and families that are post coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), heart catheterization, stent placement, pacer placement, valve replacements, thoracotomies, and many other cardiothoracic surgical procedures.
You will also see general medical surgical patients that may have a primary cardiac diagnosis/history with co-morbidities that may need telemetry monitoring, as well as those patients needing critical cardiac drips.
On 5West, you will be trained to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so that you can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. You will have many opportunities for assessments, lab value analysis, patient/family teaching, wound care, IVs, and medication administration/ management.
Our average nurse to patient ratio is 4:1. Our beds are normally full, in high demand, and our staff is very rarely cancelled. Here at St. Vincent’s Birmingham, you will be joining a motivated, energetic staff and will be introduced to a team environment.
· BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
· Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within 1 year of hire
· Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
· Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.