Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, WI you will have the opportunity to
Provides medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required